Thursday, May 08, 2008

Getting To Know You

Well, Eli has hit the 5 month mark and he is such a joy of a baby. He has a very gentle spirit about him, but I can tell he will be a brave knight (I know that sounds weird, but even when I was pregnant with him I felt like he is going to be a chivalrous boy/man). He seems a lot more chill than Aiden (who is one firey spirit- see blog on why we named them what we did).

Anyway, even though he has been in our family for 5 months now, I feel like we are just starting to get to know him. He is just now starting to show some personality and interaction..awareness that we are here. I love it! With Aiden being 2.5 yrs old now I feel like we are really starting to see who he is. So far Ross and I think this is the funnest stage. I love babies, but I so love seeing their individual personalities/character.

So we were discussing this the other night and it made me think. This is how God views us. He created us and knows who we are, who he created us to be...yet he is still waiting to get to know us. I think God totally knows who we are, what we are like and even the thoughts in our heads (which I wish I could do with these boys!)...but on a Spiritual level...it's not until we let God into our lives a little more that we can really get to know Him and He can enjoy who He created us to be.

Eli is all there, but just now as he is growing and becoming more aware of us, are we now able to see more of him. And as we see more of him we can help bring out and develop who he is. We start off on a spiritual level, like newborn babies, but we must grow and build relationship with our Creator.

1 Peter 2:2-3 says Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Sometimes we just need to get back to the basics and get more God in our lives (drink the spiritual milk: the Word) so we can taste and see that the Lord is good. As we seek Him out and become more aware of God in our lives...He can truely enjoy His creation, and we can then find fulfillment and enjoy what He created!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is so good! God wants us to let Him in, even though He does already know us because He made us. He wants our invitation, just like parents want their kids to open up to them and invite them into their world. I love it!

Anonymous said...

ok i just for the first time read your blog on naming the boys and how ross' name means pile of rocks...did you know that shelby means little rock??? what were my parents thinking when they had us?? ha!!

portorikan said...

@shelby lol.

Maybe that ya'll rocked?

The Fishers said...

great blog, Amy. Really great insight. Thanks for sharing! -Janna