Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?

How many email accounts do you have…2, 3, 17?

It is probably not a profound revelation, but most people have at least 2 email accounts. In fact, according to eMarketer (September 2007), of the 170 million U.S. email users, more than 94% (~160 million) have at least two email accounts and 65% of users (~128 million) utilize three or more accounts. I think it important to note that these stats do not include social networking accounts (like Facebook, Myspace and Twitter), which, if you really think about it, are dressed up messaging services.

I personally have 3, not including my social networking accounts or my college email, which for some reason I think still works, 5 + years later! One is for work, one for personal, and one for junk mail (sign ups).

What about you? Just curious. I think my brother can beat all of you, he has like a million!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

eight, including work. Only use 2 of the 7 personal ones

Kelly Bell said...

good lord clayton, you have 8?? i only have 2 and thats just because some people still email me at my old yahoo email, so i check it from time to time

Anonymous said...

I have three. One old one, one for school, and a new one that I am trying to transition to... lol.

portorikan said...

I have four that I still use in one way or another and haven't abandoned. Since google is forcing me to use their gmail address, I'm using that one for new sign ups and junk mail now.

If anybody wants an email address at @samuelfebres.com, let me know. :)

J. Matt said...

I only have six, so Clayton has me beat.

Kristin Sheffield said...

I have 2 that I use...one personal and one for work. Although, i have several that I have used and abandoned over the year. Thankfully with hotmail, when you don't use it for a couple months they shut it down.