Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Circus is Coming To Town

The summer has just started and we have already done a ton of traveling! We still have about 3 more weeks on the road, back and forth to Tally. Every year we have to go raise funds to remain in full-time ministry. I love raising our support (a lot of freedom to focus on ministry the rest of the year, but hard in the midst of it). I don't know which is harder, packing up 2 boys and a dog and driving for hours or staying home with the kids while the hubby is gone, haven't figured that out yet.

Every time we pack up our car I feel like we are a traveling circus coming to town. Some how we manage to fill the car to the roof, even if it's just a weekend trip. How is it possible? I never thought I was an over-packer until I had kids. You just never know what you will need. Anyone got advice on packing lighter? It will seriously become a problem if we downsize our car, which we are hoping to do this week!

So here we are again, we find ourselves packed to the brim and driving around Florida with 2 kids and a dog... beware, our circus may be coming to a town near you!

2 comments:

Kelly Bell said...

Did you sell the expedition? What kind of car are you getting...I thought a minivan was in your future, haha!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately no advice on packing lighter here. But thank you for perfectly describing my feelings about my own family being a traveling circus! Some day, just to be really crazy, you should take your circus up to NJ! As fellow circus folks, we'd be glad to take you in! : )