Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your Hair is Everywhere...

That's a Dashboard Confessional song incase you didn't know (I'm a fan). So here is my thought of the day...

Why is hair pretty when it is on your head, but as soon as it falls off it's automatically disgusting?

I tend to lose a LOT of hair a few months after having a baby, it's sad to see it go, I love how thick my hair gets when I am pregnant, so it's hard to part with it. Seriously, every time I touch my head more hair falls off...it was so bad after having Aiden that Ross and I were afraid I was going to go bald! Let's hope that doesn't happen! Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? 

I have a shedding problem.

4 comments:

Natalie Jost said...

LOL! I have the same problem. I just had twins in November and it's so much worse this time around. My hairdresser assures me I won't lose any more than what grew in while I was pregnant, but some days I'm not so sure!

My only advice would be to cut it as short as you can stand it. Mine's pretty short now and not only am I losing a little less, what does fall out is much shorter, so no more finding hairs wrapped around the babies' fingers, though I'm still afraid to cook anything without a hairnet.

From what people tell me though, it's like stretch marks... it's just a part of the process and there's not a whole lot we can do about it but smile and remember what we put our bodies through for the joy of our kids.

"Why is hair pretty when it is on your head, but as soon as it falls off it's automatically disgusting?"

My thoughts exactly! So well said. :)

portorikan said...

Sinead O' Connor, Demi Moore, Britney Spears... maybe it's time to join the ranks.

They've all done it before, you can too... maybe Ross can help you... nothing quite like a good buzz.


:)

Anonymous said...

um, yikes, sam.
so, i feel the same way about fingernails. they can be nice and clean and manicured when they are on your hands but the second you cut them off, they are completely obscene and grotesque.
you should try some thickening shampoo :)

Anonymous said...

that was shelby by the way...