Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't Pinch Me!


I used to be so dilligent on wearing Green on St. Patty's Day just so I wouldn't get pinched! I remember in elementary school getting pinched so hard it would leave bruises! I don't really care much for that anymore.

So is St. Patty's Day about anything other than drinking green beer? I would have to say a big fat YES! As much as that is a fun tradition, I think the real story is pretty cool. St. Patrick was the man! My favorite part is how he used the Shamrock to explain the Trinity- 3 parts in one, Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Great metaphor Mr. St. Patty!

Read a brief little article about the Real History behind St. Patty's Day! (just click on the link there)

2 comments:

Kristin Sheffield said...

Yeah I totally should have been pinched a million times today since i am wearing not an ounce of green and I am stinkin Irish...LOL But yeah, the story fo the shamrock is really cool! Do you want to hang out this week? If so what days are good?

aprilbapryll said...

Hey Amy! Thought I'd pop by and say hey, since I just realized you have a blog :)