Sunday, April 27, 2008

Warning

I may or may not be able to update for the next 6 weeks because my hubby has claimed the "good computer" for this MPD season of ours. So here is my fair warning so you don't get mad at me for not posting. (as if that would happen)

Good is such a relative term these days. My computer (dumb PC) has serious issues...no matter how many times I change the settings it has a mind of its own in picking up internet. It's so frustrating, you never know when it will have a good minute or not. It also is having screen issues. There is a little button that pushes in when the screen goes down to make the computer sleep...for some reason it has decided to also have a mind of its own and when the computer is sitting open it will just turn the screen to sleep on me for no reason and we have to finagle a little paper-clip and jiggle it around until it decides to wake up, which sometimes doesn't happen. I am still thankful for having it because it was a generous free gift to us last year, so I can't complain (too much, haha) and it has a lot of memory still.

Ross has the "good" computer but it doesn't even have enough memory to open a Word document that is already saved to the computer...or save any new pictures. But at least the internet on that one is consistent, and you can see what is on the screen! haha. I have to make it clear, it's an Apple and we have never had any problems with it in the last 5 years!

So if any of you avid blog readers out there would like to donate a new MAC to our cause, we would greatly appreciate it! I will be happy to advertise for your wonderful product anytime! :)

2 comments:

Flo said...

If you want Theo to take a look at the dumb computer, let me know. =)Maybe it just needs a good cleaning..

portorikan said...

lol.

Yeah, I've had my little iMac for six years and it's still ticking. I'm hoping to get a new laptop sometime later this year, so hopefully, that will go down.

I would suggest getting an external hard-drive and moving some stuff over from the laptop to it to make a little more room. I've done that with mine. To think, I thought I would have a problem filling up 40 GB six years ago.