Monday, April 14, 2008

If I Believed In Karma....

I would think this is it.

So for the past few days Porter (our dog) had been barking at a bush in our back yard. I went out to investigate and saw it move so it freaked me out and I ran inside. Today I got up the nerve to approach it with a shovel and poke around. The cutest thing! A cute little bunny hopped out!

I was rather excited for a little bunny family to be living in our back yard, so as soon as Aiden woke up from his nap I said "Aiden! Guess what! We have little bunnies living in our back yard! Let's go hunt some rabbits!" He was so excited!

We got all ready to go outside, and Porter was already out there. As soon as I went to open the door and let Aiden go find the bunnies I noticed Porter eating something...

yep that's right! Porter was EATING THE BUNNIES! Not one bunny, but he killed 2!!!! Not only did he kill them, he completely ate the back half of the bunny! I freaked out!

Aiden kept trying to get through the door saying "BUNNIES!" and he just didn't understand...then he said "what is porter eating? Porter is eating the bunnies???" Aww! MY HEART BROKE! Not only for my 2 yr old that just didn't understand, but for the bunnies mom!

So our bloody, white dog has been sitting in our garage for 2 hrs. while we try to figure out how to wash the blood out of his hair. Let's hope he doesn't get any weird diseases. I don't think I will ever be able to look at Porter the same, or go in the back yard (or as Ross now calls it the slaughtering field) without thinking of the massacre.

17 comments:

Alison said...

so sad! :o(

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Porter had it in him. Some latent wild dog came flying out and I guess he was hungry. I have kind of a soft spot for cute little animals but I guess this is where I would have to actually agree with Darwin, survival of the fittest. its a good thing rabbits multiply quickly I guess

The Fish said...

April 14th. A day that will live in infamy.

The Future Mrs. Hess said...

:-O

bella chung said...

are there still bunnies alive?!?!?!?!?!?

bella chung said...

you know, that reminds me, i wanted to ask you if i could eat some runts i found in your candy jar on sunday. then i forgot. :(

Hope said...

oh my gosh. that's sad and gross all at the same time. The slaughtering field, lol!

portorikan said...

Awe, that's sad.

Nat has a similar story you should ask her about. It involves her friend's bunny (1) and its double burial (2).

J.Knight! said...

Crazy things always happen at the Middleton house. That's so funny! LOL!

J.Knight! said...

Don't get me wrong, its sad to but those are animal instincts for you! That's my country coming out.

Anonymous said...

wow...that's...um...special?

Anonymous said...

yeah jen, this definitely qualifies for "stop eating the paste special"
this is hilarious and disgusting. i just dont even know what to think about this...

Kristin Sheffield said...

Holy Cow!!! I had a pet rabbit that was eaten by a dog once. It really is sad, but that is just the Dog's instincts I suppose. I am so sorry you had to witness that. I feel sad for the bunnies too and hope that Porter is ok.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! Go Porter! Maybe his new name should be "Blood Porter: Destroyer of the Innocent Bunnies."

Sabrina said...

Oh my word, that is awful!!! I can't even imagine that. So sorry! :-(

Angel said...

Just another day in the life of Amy Middleton! I love your blog!

J. Matt said...

Puppy eat bunny?