Monday, April 07, 2008

Dorm Stories

This story goes way back to my Freshman year at FSU! I lived in one of the nicer dorms on campus and had a great roommate (and hallmate, thanks Ashley for reminding me to tell this story!). Well one night something happened that I could never forget.

It was about 2:30am and my roommate and I were sound asleep, which rarely happened living across from the elevator in an all girl dorm. We both jolted out of bed at the same time to what sounded to be a WATERFALL in the middle of our room!

My roommate, Kelly thought there was a man standing in our room with a chainsaw, that is how loud it was. I couldn't figure out what it was but could definitely tell it had something to do with water, but it was pitch dark in there. I thought the shower head flew off and water was pouring out like a fire hose or something, but as Kelly jumped up to turn on the light we saw it:

A literal Waterfall coming down in the middle of our room from around the fluorescent light fixture above our computer desks. What in the world? All I could think was "Save the computers!" So I threw my body on top of our desks and sprawled across the computers to try to block them any way possible. I was getting absolutely soaked!

Kelly ran down the hall to our RA, who was just walking in from partying and all she did was laugh at us...as the room was filling with water. So Kelly had to run down 4 flights of stairs to the front desk to get the "on call" RA. By the time they got back to the room the water was starting to slow down. Meanwhile I was soaked to the bone and still laying on the computers.

Long story short, 2 inches of water on the floor later, around 3:30am the RA comes back from investigating to tell us what happened. As I was standing there dripping she proceeded to tell me the TOILET PIPES busted in the dorm room above us!

WHAT!!??!!

I about gagged! I ran into the shower as fast as I could...I had no idea if it was the clean pipes or used water pipes, and to this day I swear it was the clean ones! But it completely freaked me out.

So we were left to salvage all our books, computers, pretty much EVERYTHING in the room for the rest of the night- Miraculously the computers survived! We didn't get to sleep until the sun came up.

3 comments:

Angel said...

Your life is a book!

Kelly Bell said...

Aww...you were a great roommate too! I will definitely never forget that night. And we were hardcore, we even went to life group still that next morning at 8am.

portorikan said...

"..."Save the computers!" So I threw my body on top of our desks and sprawled across the computers to try to block them any way possible."

Loved it, great story. You were stumbled.

:)