Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol Update


It's been a while since I last updated my American Idol opinion. Let me make a disclaimer...I am pretending to know what I am talking about here, I have no room to speak because I have no singing voice what so ever...so this is purely for fun. I'm sure each contestant is a nice person, so don't take it as anything personal, this is just my turn to play critic. :)

We are down to 6 contestants and here is my review on each, in order from least to most favorite.

Brook White. Cute girl, seems to have a sweet personality. I hope she does well in life, but sadly to say I think this is her week to go. She messed up pretty bad tonight. Had to ask the band to stop and start back over, and if I'm not mistaken has done that before on this show. I acutally liked her a lot at the beginning because she plays instruments, but the last few weeks have been rough on her.


Jason Castro. I just want to know how long it took him to grow out those dreads! He seems like a nice kid, but can only play one style, soft music with an acoustic guitar. He lacks in the strength of voice department.



David Archuleta. Not a fan of this boy. He's only 16. I would have the age limit at 18, that is just too young for this competition for my taste. I bet this kid gets all the teeny-bopper votes. One thing that bugs me about this guy is that he has already had his 15 mintues of fame on star search a few years ago, yet he has this "I don't know what I'm doing on stage" act of innocence. (I'm harsh on this kid, I know) I know a lot of you out there like him, I just gotta say I don't agree. Not a horrible voice, but definitely not my favorite.

Syesha Mercado. Representing Florida here! She has actually grown on me throughout the competition. She really impressed me with the Mariah Carey week. That is when she rose in my stock. I think she's cute and has a good personality. I don't mind her being in my top 3. Her and Brooke switched in my ranking today.

David Cook. A few weeks ago I feel like he came out of no where. I wasn't really paying attention to him, but one night he re-arranged a song that was pretty amazing and that changed my view of him. After tonight with Andrew Lloyd Webber music he impressed me with his ability to adapt to different genres.



Carly Smithson. I picked her out from the tryouts as a favorite and she has made my top. David Cook is pretty close up there, but she seems like a cool girl. Despite the fact that she is from Ireland and this is American Idol, I will give her a fair chance since she married into America (and she has a sweet accent). I have enjoyed most of her songs, and think she does a good job of picking the right song for her, she was getting weak for a few weeks but I am happy to say she is back on top for me. Go Carly!

So there you have it, my American Idol review. Of course I think Shelby Middleton should have won years ago, but hey I'll settle with this for now. Just wait, she will have her day!

5 comments:

aprilbapryll said...

I wouldn't be surprised if Brooke left, but I'd really like to see Jason Castro leave. Then I'd be okay with whomever wins. I never ever vote so I'm glad that this year the votes have really gone like I thought they should instead of keeping terrible singers on for entertainment value.

aprilbapryll said...

whomever? whoever? I'm a grammar nazi but that just doesn't look right. I think it's whoever. Sorry, whatever -- I'm tired and can't think.

The Future Mrs. Hess said...

my favorite part about carly is her accent! :-D

J. Matt said...

Which was the dude that did the slow version of Billie Jean? that was pretty good, although it's to only thing i have ever seen on that show. Olivia showed me. on Tevo.

portorikan said...

I've never been a fan, but the Castro kid kinda freaks me out.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on how pretty this post looked and your blog overall. Good job. :)

That is all.