Friday, April 18, 2008

Embarrassing Moment (1 of infinity)

I seem to have more embarrassing moments than most people for some reason. I guess it's God's way of keeping me humble. This story is a request from my dear friend Hope.

So I was going for my first OB/GYN check up with a male Dr. ever (probably more information that you men would like to hear already). Don't worry, this story is clean. Needless to say I was completely nervous because I've always had women Dr.'s for my womanly needs.

The Dr. was really nice, kind of father-figure type, and my experience wasn't too bad for that type of appointment. The Dr. was really talkative and seemed like he really wanted to get to know me. This was before I got pregnant with Aiden and I was asking him questions all about pregnancy, and he asked me a bunch of questions about my marriage to "make sure I wasn't having a baby to make my marriage better" but he wanted to be sure we were having a baby out of an overflow, not a need of, love. I appreciated him for that.

Well, the appointment was over and he was getting ready to walk out the door, I was standing there in my gown (the kind that is open in the back) about to change and he leaned in...

I leaned forward and gave him a huge hug, thinking that was what he was leaning in for, just as my arms went around him he pulled away and I noticed his hand was out...to shake it. He was totally not wanting a hug! I think my face turned purple it was so red... what was I thinking? Who else hugs their OB/GYN????

7 comments:

Kelly Bell said...

Ok, you forgot my favorite part of the story, when you were waiting for him to come back in the room and you said, "i'm ready". haha. i laughed so hard the day you told me this story!!

portorikan said...

LOL!

Ok, that was funny. And yeah, you're right, I wasn't sure I wanted to keep reading after the first line of the 2nd paragraph.

Good stuff.

Angel said...

Wow Amy that was hilarious!

Hope said...

I LOVVVVVEEEEE this story. Thank you so much for sharing it. I'm still cracking up over this one. :)

Jason Albright said...

so, i guess this one will go in the infinity category...

do you remember the time we were caravaning, and we had those really cool two-way radios so that we could communicate back and forth during the drive? we were talking about gross things apparently b/c you were telling the story of when you were on that mission trip and somehow fell into a sewage ditch. (falling in was not the worst part) and you got sewage in your mouth! gross! and you ended up with some nasty parasites or something!

Just about the time you were finishing telling that horrible story, an unfamiliar voice comes over the radio exclaiming how that was the most disgusting thing they've ever heard! How awesome was it to share that story with strangers?

Anonymous said...

Haha!

I wonder what went through his head??! :)

Don't worry - Stuff like that happens to me ALL the time!

Kristin Sheffield said...

haha that is hilarious! I love your stories :)