Saturday, April 19, 2008

Guest Blogger on Pope Mobile

My husband and I got a good laugh at this so I figured I'd let him guest blog about it...take it away baby!

Well, the Popemobile is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. I think it is so awesome that the Pope has his own Benz that he rides in with a bullet proof protective glass casing. I mean, only Catholics could get away with something like that. Amy found out that the Popemobile, although being a Mercedes, does not even have a CD player or any iPod connectivity in it, it just simply has a tape deck and surround sound (like you can really do that with tapes). Come on Catholics hows the Pope supposed to listen to his iPod in his fly Popemobile. I think that Catholics should start a Papal iPod fund and hook his car up, or maybe better we could just get Xzibit, to come and really pimp that thing out.

To me the pope is like the Batman of Religion because of his car. The Batmobile is pretty fly, but it is just not as cool as the Popemobile. In our culture we derive our self worth from the whips we drive so I think the Pope is just trying to stay relevant. But if the Pope is serious about reaching the next generation, I think he should put some spinners on that thing and maybe get a couple nuns to dance on the car or something.

If spiritual leaders get their own rides, I'd put my '96 Pontiac Sunfire up against the Popemobile anyday. I may not have bullet proof glass but the windows are tinted, I have a broken CD player, but at least I have one. I also have a leopard print steering wheel and I am part of the Junky Car Club. The Pope will never be able to pull that one off if he keeps chillin in his Benz. The only thing is my car's name is the Red Leopard but I would have to say that the Popemobile is a little bit more sweet name. Maybe mine would be called the campus minister mobile.

Keep livin' large Pope Benedict XVI, keep ridin in style.

5 comments:

Amy Middleton said...

I can just picture it now, the Pope rockin' out to some great Catholic Monk chants in the comfort of his air conditioned pimp ride. Is this thing for sale after he leaves the States? Maybe we could get a ministers discount!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinkin' about this yesterday (saw a clip on tv as well). Really cracked me up. Great post and I really enjoy the blog.

Anonymous said...

The Popemobile is hot!

Beloved said...

lol wow pope's ballin~

Anonymous said...

Hey, when our campus ministers start getting shot at, they can have their own mobiles with bullet proof glass. =oP