Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A New Level Of Gross

Get ready to be grossed out... this story is a doozie!

Back in the day, when Ross and I were dating, he always raved about this place back home, in Panama City called Unisex Hair Shop. I agree it was a great deal: $6 for a shampoo, hair cut, hot towel thingy, and a head and neck massage with this strange vibrating thing. Ross and all his friends back home had a bond with this place and with their hair dresser  (Sharon), in fact she made us an embroidered wedding gift! 

So I decided to venture into this place one day with him to see what it was all about. It is a hole in the wall! The entire shop is stand alone, and bright yellow with a giant (10 ft) plaster parrot out front, and its probably as big as our closet. It has 2 hair cutting chairs in it and a wall dividing them. 

Ross was getting his hair cut and I was sitting on the other side of the wall watching the other hair dresser cut someone else's hair, so he didn't get to witness this unfolding of events.

This man walked in with one of the longest, greasiest, nastiest MULLET hair I've ever seen. The hairdresser (Carol, I believe) asked "What are you gonna get done today?" He said "Let's Cut it ALL off!" 

So she ties the hair into a pony tail, not bothering to wash it or anything yet and cuts it straight off. This pony tail had to be about 2 feet long. She was standing there with it in her hand and got out her buzzer (razor) and started flattening off the top of the pony tail in her hand.

The guy sitting next to me asks her "Carol, what are you planning on doing with that thing?" She proceeds to (with a total straight face) say, "I am needing a new blush brush, so I think I'll take this one home." And she throws it in her Purse!!!!! 

AHHHHH!!!!!

It's TRUE and she was 100% serious. I just about gagged. 

Anyone want an authentic Mullet Blush Brush? I know where you can get one now.

5 comments:

Alison said...

By the end of that story my mouth was literally hanging open in amazements, disgust, and awe. You are a magnate for good stories!

Kristin Sheffield said...

WOW! That is a new level of nasty!!! I think it is hilarious that you get to witness such wierd and funny things! I hope you all are having fun in PC

portorikan said...

LOL!

Stephanie said...

I can watch surgery shows and not get queasy...but that story...it almost made me throw up in my mouth. :-)

Hope said...

That's sick. Just sick.