Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cheeseburger in Paradise!


Love me some Jimmy Buffett... but I do love me some cheeseburgers even more! I am not inspired to write this blog because I just got back from Key West... amazing trip by the way... but because my hubby and I just got done watching the Travel Channel and a special on Burgers... and have I mentioned we love burgers?

After that show it looks like we are packing up the boys and heading up the eastern seaboard to hit the hottest Cheeseburger joints in America for our next year summer vacation! ha! (You think I'm kidding, but I don't think Ross is letting me have a say in that)

So I decided to compile a list of my favorite Cheeseburger experiences for you (no particular order, except #1):

1. Tally Ho in Panama City, Easily takes my #1 slot! YOU GOTTA GO! (and order a chocolate shake and Sour Cream Logs on the side to complete the experience)
2. In & Out Burger in California, Double Double Animal style please!
3. Coram's in Panama City, Cheeseburger Special- best burger deal: burger, fries, sweet tea = $3.95!
4. Jimmy Buffett's Margarittaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise.
5. Ted's Montana Grill, Bison Burgers!
6. TGI Friday's, Cheese Double Cheese (fried cheese on your burger (and a heart attack on the side) is my Hubby's favorite, the Black and Blue was my favorite.
7. Lucky Dill Burger Grill in Palm Harbor (my home town represented!) But sadly this place closed recently- that was a dark day.
8. Spinnaker's in Panama City, they do have a 1 lb burger, I witnessed someone (cough, joel, cough) eat it!
9. McGuire's in Destin, You can get a burger basically ANY way you want, including an ice cream sundae right on top!!! And the Kitchen Sink burger, the chef puts practically every ingredient in the kitchen on it! sick!
10. Five Guy's Burger & Fries, mmm!

Ok, now that I am about to drool I am ending this post. Please share your favorites! Happy Eating!

10 comments:

J. Matt said...

Panama City is definitely over-represented in your list. I must agree with your number 2. In and Out Rules.

J. Matt said...

I tried a new picture

J. Matt said...

How about this one?

Angela said...

I love burgers too. My family is from Palm Harbor as well. My grandmother lived right on 19, her house is gone but there is an Albertsons Plaza named after her. I miss visiting Palm Harbor.

Amy Middleton said...

Well, I've heard Panama City has the most restaurants per capita than any other city in Florida (outside Orlando), plus my cheeseburger loving husband grew up there so he knew the "spots" to go to for them. :) Don't knock it til you try it... oh wait, Matt- veggie burgers don't count! haha.

Angela- that's cool, my parents live off 19 too!

portorikan said...

Ok, seriously... I'm a burger fiend. I get one everywhere I go.

I think it bother's Nat a bit, lol.

I've heard of In and Out a whole but so I really need to experience this place. I've heard too many good stories.

I would suggest that Gordo's here in town had a really awesome burger. I know it's kinda weird to go to a Cuban restaurant and order a burger (there goes that problem my wife has with me) but you really should check that one out (oh, and by in town, I mean Tallahassee).

I would also suggest this place in San Antonio called Chris Madrid's if you're ever there. Great, great burgers. Tostada Burger is good.

The Ross' said...

just the other day I was thinking...man I'd Loooooove a tally ho burger right now, or even a cormans patty melt with tea. I love them too. Burger Burger, more Burger please!! I miss home.......

Anonymous said...

Haha, thanks for the shout-out Amy! That 1 lb burger is amazing, by the way.

Also, the other(and original) McGuire's is in Pensacola. It's cool; they have real dollar bills for wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

Good list baby, man do I love a Cheeseburger, how about one for dinner tonight:)

Anonymous said...

Love Tally Ho, too! :)

I do like the Jack Daniels burger at Fridays...

and Beef 'O Brady's has good burgers, too.

But.. nothing tops a Beacon Burger from the Beacon (my hometown)... Ross and Amy, you MUST make a trip there sometime!