Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Random phone calls

So I figure I'd start with a funny story. For some reason ever since we have moved into our new house (over a year ago) I have gotten many random phone calls...some of which led me to have the police visit at 4am while I was armed with a sword (ok daggar); another made me panic that my mother fell and pushed the "help, i've fallen and I can't get up" button at 5am (even though she doesn't have one); and the latest was a booty call! All of these have been calls to the wrong number!

But, that's right...I got a booty call! The other morning I was up early feeding the little one when the house phone rang. I picked up to hear a guys voice that sounded quite tired and out of it (so did I). Here is the conversation:

Random guy: "hey, it's me, remember from the club last night"
me: "huh? what? I think you have the wrong number."
guy: "no, baby, it's me, I danced with you at the club!"
me: "nope, sorry haven't been to a club since 2000, wrong number."
guy: "come on baby, you're the big booty girl I met last night at the club."
me: "what? Um, NO, I am sure you have the wrong number...is this a prank?"
guy: "no, you're that big booty girl that's so fine I met last night..."

me: silent (waiting for him to say it was a prank)
So I ended up hanging up and going back to bed.

A few minutes later- the phone rang again...

Same guy: "hey baby, you're that big booty girl from last night."
me: "No I am NOT, please stop calling here."
I hang up.

Not 1 minute later the phone rings again
This time I had my husband answer it and it was one of his friends...I made him ask if he pranked us, but no...I still have no idea who this big booty lovin' guy is!

Moral of the story: get caller id :)

4 comments:

The Fishers said...

Wow, Amy. Your stories are unbelievable! Thanks for sharing! I am so glad you have joined the blogging community...the world will be inspired by your thoughts.

Alison said...

hahaha Somehow, the funny stories always happen to you! I'm very happy to see you join the blogging community! :o)

shelby said...

only to you amy. only to you...

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I hope that's not Ross' hasn't come up with a new nickname for you.