Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Love Story

In honor of Valentine's Day I thought I'd share a story about the process of Ross and I getting engaged!

At the point of this story taking place we knew we'd be getting engaged soon because we had already talked about the timeline of graduating and going into ministry together, so I was pretty much on pins and needles just waiting for "the moment".

I got to the point where anytime he bent over I thought "this is it!!". One time that was funny was when Ross and I went down to visit my parents and we went to the beach. The setting was perfect, a breezy night, romantic music playing in the background (there was a wedding reception happening right near us under a tent on the beach). I went to sit down on a bench and all of a sudden Ross kneels down! "THIS IS IT!" I thought! He reaches into his pocket, hesitates, and pulls out......his cell phone! What?! (he wasn't even aware of this moment, or what I was thinking until after we really got engaged a month later and I told him). haha.

And if my anxiety wasn't enough for the moment, Ross ALMOST made it worse! The weekend he really did propose to me we were in his hometown. He actually came up with a FAKE proposal plan, the night before the real day he was going to take me to a romantic movie that they play outside on a wall, where you sit on blankets (like in the Wedding Planner movie) and he was going to do the speech and all and act like he was going to propose but not...just to "throw me off". Man was I lucky (Actually HE was the lucky one) that his sister, Shelby was in town and he ran this idea past her, and she knocked some sense into him so he didn't do that).

The NERVE! Moral of the story: MEN- Do not even THINK of messing with a girls emotion at that time, it won't be funny. haha.:)

Happy Valentine's Day- I hope you feel LOVED today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! :)

I got back from a 3-month trip to India, and the next night Eric was pulling the ring out of his pocket on my parents' couch, only to look over and see that I was OUT. I had fallen asleep in like 10 seconds!! Ha Ha!!!

So he waited until the next day...

We laugh about that all the time, and I promise him it was the jet lag!

portorikan said...

That's a great story. Oh man, I'm sure the expression on your face would have been priceless on all those times.

Anonymous said...

Its ok baby, you couldn't help your uncontrollable urge to be engaged to me because of my ridiculous good looks. Don't feel bad, I completely understand how hard that would have been to wait a second longer.