Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My 15 Minutes of Fame


So this funny story takes place back in 2000, when I was an offical FSU Batgirl (cue Batman theme song). I had the opportunity to work with the FSU Baseball team my freshman year, which was really fun, as a Batgirl- doing marketing things and assisting with different things during the game.

The team would pick a few Batgirls to travel with them for away games and tournaments, and lucky me, I got to go to Regionals with them in South Carolina.

So I was assigned to work in the dugout and bring baseballs to the umpire when he was running short. The game was going well, and I was doing good keeping up, when all of a sudden my world came to a crashing halt!

The Umpire called for 5 more balls. As I was running up the dugout's steps I tripped as I got to the top stair. I went face down and balls went flying everywhere! I was so embarrassed.

If that wasn't enough, of course the game was being televised on ESPN, I didn't even think of this until we got back to the hotel later.

A bunch of us Batgirls and baseball players were hanging out afterwards watching the highlights on ESPN when they started running the Baseball Tonight Top 10 plays.

And guess who was #8???? ME!

They played my awesome display of athleticism back and forth in slow mo as they laughed and kept saying "Batgirl goes down!"

3 comments:

Alison said...

LOL! I forgot about that story! You should search youtube to see if it's posted ;o)

Sabrina said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious! I never knew you were so famous! I would pay good money to see that video clip! :-)

shelby said...

oh i love the batgirl down story!!