Monday, February 18, 2008

Feeling the Heat

Lately we are feeling the heat, financially, so I wanted to share a few fun quotes from financial guru Dave Ramsey. I hope these inspire you as I hope they will bring inspiration to me to budget better and get ahead of the game!


"For a period of time you can win financially and later buy whatever you want."

“This is not a game, ... Debt has become a part of who we are. It's become that spoiled child in the grocery store with their lip stuck out: 'I want it. I want it. I deserve it because I breathe air.' And, well, that's an uphill climb in our culture right now, to go against that and say, 'Hey, let's be grownups here. Let's be mature, learn to delay pleasure, save up and pay for things.'”

“The average millionaire can't tell you who got thrown off the island last night.”

“Once you agree, then pinky swear and spit-shake that you will both stick to the budget.”


Oh yeah, and we are now officially part of his junky car club with our "Red Leopard" (our '96 Pontiac w/ over 100,000 miles). :) I encourage you to join the club, you get a cool bumper sticker! haha.

1 comment:

portorikan said...

I'm almost in the junky car club. My car has the look and 80,000+ miles. I will drive it til the wheels fall off.