Tuesday, February 19, 2008

American Idol 101



For those of you who know me, know that I am a fan of American Idol. (Nothing like my sister-in-law, Shelby, though, she is the expert on American Idol). Anywho my passion for this show began back in 2004 when I went to the Orlando Auditions with Shelby. That was quite the experience (I'll share stories later if you are interested). And some how the judges must have been on crack because Shelby didn't make it, but it's their loss, and one day they will kick themselves because she will blow all the American Idol winners out of the water in record sales combined.

So about the show. Can you believe it is Season 7?! That is just crazy. How and When will they end the show? I don't think people will stop watching or voting, always looking for that next William Hung or Sunjaya. I am still stuck a few seasons back baffled at the fact that people like Taylor Hicks, and Fantasia made it. (I still stand by my Rueben vote, even though he has dropped off the face of the earth and can now be found doing some ghetto Musical on tour through Tally. But they do have their successes when you look at Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

So about season 7, tonight began the top 24 and the guys went. I see no hopefuls in this group. The only person that looks like a possibility is the one who sang last, Michael Johns, who isn't even American. But that is my pick for tonight and who I am calling to be the top guy. Let's hope the females pick it up tomorrow! Otherwise I will be disappointed in season 7 (which should be the prefect season).

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

We are HUGE American Idol fans too! I really love Syesha, Ramiele and Asia'h. But most of the other girls STINK! Maybe they will all get better with more practice...we'll have to wait and see. :-)

Anonymous said...

yeah that was so sad...I am so glad we got to hang though and watch it together!!

Kristin