Saturday, November 07, 2009

Never thought I'd.....

....use my kids to ward off bad guys. :)

That sounds strange, I know... but living in a big city now, and there are some shady people sometimes, especially when you ride the mass transit. One thing friends here tell me is that if you go in a shady area, just act like you are supposed to be there and you know what you're doing and most people won't bother you.

Good thing for me, Aiden & Eli aren't intimidated by anyone. No matter how shady or scary someone may be, they will still talk to them. I hope this is a gift they never loose! Like the other day, a shady lady started talking our ear off as we waited for the Metro. Aiden started asking her questions and being nice to her, and I could tell her wall started coming down. The conversation actually went so long that she ended up asking us if she could live at our house. lol. (Ross let her know about a rescue mission in DC as an alternative).

At the grocery store the other day, Eli asked EVERY person that walked by for a hug. (luckily no one really understood him, so we avoided the Swine Flu), but it surly got everyone to smile and say hi.

All that to say.... if you act friendly, so will they. Making eye contact and a smile go a long way, no matter a shady person or not. I find around here, it goes further than you think.... if you're kind to someone, they won't want to mug you. :)


1 comment:

The Fishers said...

I love this, Amy. You've got great kids!