Friday, November 13, 2009

The Crazy Thing About Kids Songs

It is unreal to me how "Kids Songs" appeal to kids! I cannot figure out why kids like to hear terrible music and singers over GREAT music and singers (ie. my/adult music). It's practically soothing to them! We have a couple of really really bad (as in annoying) kids CDs, so bad Ross can't stand them for a minute. And of course, those are the 2 that the boys MAKE us play.

It is rather amazing how they do the trick though. If we're in the car for a long time or late at night, just stick one of those CDs in, and it practically puts the boys in a trance. It's hilarious (yet annoying). :)

Luckily today I got the deal of the year! I went to Family Christian Bookstores and found a great CHRISTMAS VeggieTales CD... as I was checking out the clerk told me about a great deal they had, and only had 4 left of- I ended up with 1 VeggieTales DVD, 2 CDs, and 1 VeggieTales cookie cutter all for under $20! (great for part of the boys B-day gifts!). I was so excited. For some reason, the silly VeggieTales voice are WAY better to me than typical Kid CDs.

Do you have any recommendations of good Kid CDs? Especially worship or Scripture memory ones?

5 comments:

Angela said...

I've never heard these before but come HIGHLY recommended by many mothers. I want to maybe find them at a library to listen before I buy.
GT and Halo Express here is the website.
http://gthalo-px.rtrk.com/

My kids are like yours, their favorites are the Disney princess songs, and an alphabet cd, both are equally annoying.

The Ross' said...

Levi is the same way...they really know the difference in their music vs ours. His mood changes instantly when i put one in. And yes, they are annoying!! However, we do have the Hillsong Live Worship for Kids, dvd and Levi loves it and its not too bad to listen too.

Jaime said...

One of Tyson's favorite cds is one my mom got him that sings songs about Jesus with Tyson's name in the songs. Of course, I like it too b/c it is teaching him about Jesus and His great love for "Tyson". You can get them at www.singaboutme.com Also, have you heard of "Boz" the big green bear? The kids really like him. You can get his dvds and cds at the christian book store. The cds can be a little much at times, but the dvds are really cute. Besides teaching about God, they also include educational aspects.

Silly Bus said...

Thank you for sharing your wealth of information about kids on this blog.

Sarah W. said...

"Go Fish" is a Christian band created by dads who hated their kids music. I have not heard tons of their stuff, but what i have is WAY better than typical kids stuff....yet still very much for kids.

My kids called their version of "Jesus Loves Me" the dragon version....because it sounds cool :)