Sunday, November 08, 2009

I Never Thought I'd be....

A Stay At Home Mom.

I was hanging out with some other mom's the other night and an interesting question was asked "what did you do in your former life?".

We all started laughing. What a question! It wasn't derogatory at all though, it was pretty accurate... what did we do before we had kids. I mean, once the kids come, life IS way different! We went around answering and I was amazed. I sat in the presence of a mom who formerly was a NASA space simulator trainer in Houston, another who was an engineer, another who worked for a Senator, another who was a music teacher, many more, and me, who was (is) in ministry.

Since moving to DC a month ago, my role has changed a lot. Ross is primarily doing the field work of a minister, there just hasn't been much for me to do yet (I know i'll get my turn soon). My day looks extremely different than it did in Tallahassee. I realized I'm just a stay at home mom now.

JUST a stay at home mom??? I have a 2 & a 4 year old (in a month!).... it is SO different than it sounds! lol. All I can say is that I have a whole new respect for single moms, moms w/ careers, and my mom! THIS IS A FULL TIME JOB. I love all those stats on "if we paid our mom's what they work", it's so true. I'm a maid, a chef, a teacher, a wife, a friend, a mom, a chauffeur, a pastor, a seamstress, a tickle monster... and the list goes on 24/7.

I love being a mom, and it is quite the experience and it's extremely special being a stay at home mom! I feel completely blessed to be in the postion that I am able to do this! I never thought I'd be a stay at home mom, but now that I am, I can't imagine not getting this opportunity!

No comments: