Sunday, November 08, 2009

I Never Thought I'd be....

a housewife.


When I was growing up I never really wanted to be a housewife. I wanted to be a career woman, work the 9-5.... infact, I loved Dolly Parton when I was little and that song (not so much now though, haha). I had my mind set on being a TV anchor woman. From the time I was a tot and got the TV anchor Barbie (yes they make those). I played with that doll and the TV set for HOURS on end. I even was in journalism in high shcool and went to college specifically to study mass media!

God had a different plan. See, after He radically got a hold of my heart 1/2 way through my freshman year of college my desires started to change. The idea of fame and a paycheck just didn't seem as glamorous anymore. Knowing God and serving Him is what lit me up after that point. After feeling called to missions (that is a whole nother story), I changed my major, and started pursuing that. Then God knocked me up side the head w/ a man. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't go to college to get my MRS. degree. I wasn't one of those girls. (met many of them though and laughed at that). Funny that is pretty much what I turned out to be. lol.

When Ross and I started dating and knew we would both go into ministry, I realized my career was gonna look WAY different than expected. Before we had kids I worked, in ministry. I didn't stay home all day and cook and clean, I was working side by side w/ Ross on our mission field (the college campus). But naturally, being married (and now having kids) I had a role to play. I became a housewife.

I am proud to say, I am NOT a desperate Housewife. I love it. I LOVE IT! It is an HONOR and privileged to get to "work from home". Not only do I get to do what I love and was created for (ministry to others), but I get to minister to my husband and kids! I get to disciple my boys! I get to support and encourage and allow my man to do GREAT things for the Kingdom! I am a housewife, at 28 years old, and I am not ashamed!

No comments: