Wednesday, July 09, 2008

An Apple A Day


My husband would be so proud about the following post, I should get brownie points. :)

After being a PC girl my whole life, I finally am completely sold out to Apple/ Mac Computers. I had a HP computer all through college, which did great, even after getting soaked (if you missed that story, read here). But I also never really used that computer much for anything other than typing papers and IM back then. It was huge, and bulky, so right after Ross and I got married we used some of our wedding money to buy a new laptop computer... we got a Mac. That was over 5 years ago and it has not skipped a beat.

I was weary to buy one at first, because they operated so different, but after just a couple days I found out how easy it was to navigate. Now after going through probably 4 other PC computers through these last 5 years (as my computer, luckily all donated to us), I give up. They have all gone down the drain before I could even really do anything with them!

We are about to get a new computer (prayerfully the funds will all come in!) and it will definitely be a Mac, no question about it. Plus there is a little incentive for me... I hear if you buy one through school you get a free iPod Touch! Woohoo!

Trust me, once you go Mac, you'll never go Back!

4 comments:

emily said...

MY husband is proud of you for this post. :) you know we're mac folks too! anytime someone asks brian for computer help on their PC, he says, "get a mac." :)

by the way my powerbook has lasted for 5 years and counting, despite very frequent (and accidental) abuse. it's still tickin'!

Anonymous said...

i knew there was a reason I loved you:)

portorikan said...

I've been a Mac guy since I started in the Fine Arts program at FSU in 2000 (you know, that's if you don't include the Oregon Trail and Odell Lake days on an Apple IIgs).

Nat was a PC girl too by default. That's all her parents knew and bought her. I can say that the iMac I got in 2002 is still ticking along quite fine after all these years, which can't be said about that Vaio she had.

It's getting kinda slow for me though so hopefully in a few months we'll be upgrading and I'll have a new Macbook. Fingers crossed. Same thing with the ipod touch. :)

Angel said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple Computers. I loved that saying at the end of your blog!