Monday, January 05, 2009

Discipline...ouch

Discipline has been on the forefront of my mind lately... not just because I have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old, but because I feel like I am facing a real season of walking in discipline myself. I heard this quote from a Pastor I truly respect. 

"Don't be exhausted simply because you are undisciplined." - Pastor Jim Laffoon

It's ok to be exhausted from other reasons, working hard, etc... but to find yourself exhausted simply because you weren't disciplined to do things such as work out, use time management, being lazy, etc is not excusable. 

I like to read a Proverbs a day (to keep foolishness away, har har) and today I came across Prov. 5:21-23, summarized says "For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths...He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly." Wow... I have a lot of analyzing my use of time to do. I don't want to be a fool. 

It's a new year, and a great time to evaluate how disciplined I am, or are not, and start to change some things. What are your thoughts?


3 comments:

Beloved said...

Proverbs is SO AWESOME!!! Everytime i go through it i am always guaranteed to get slapped across the face lol I think it's awesome. A new year brings more new seasons n opportunities n definitely more challenges to grow in character. I need more character building so i always need more discipline..it seems like that's all i've been for the past couple of years...sigh got a lot more to do.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean we get to hang out more?!

PraiseJunky said...

Love the quote! Thanks for sharing.

-Ketura McCall