Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Perspective

Ever been praying for something and it feels like your prayers are just hitting the ceiling and God doesn't hear them? Yeah, i've been in one of those seasons. It's hard to stay consistently in faith when that happens.

Today God gave me a picture of what He's doing in times like those. I was listening to that old school Life House song that says "How can I be with you and not be moved by you" and it goes on to say "You're all I need, You're all I want, You're everything..."

I saw this really dark stage and there was a spotlight on a man in white (representing God) and me wearing a dark dress. It was like one of those dances where the man is behind me and without touching me leads my movements (for anyone who was at Campus Harvest back in 2003 you remember that Jim Monroe dance that made everyone cry? kind of like that). Each movement the man behind me made would cause my arms, feet and body to gracefully move with him, even though I couldn't see him.

I was dancing and the man (God) was leading me, He kept taking a step and I felt like he was far away and the spotlight would go with him, leaving me in the dark, I couldnt reach Him (as if I couldn't hear/feel God), but all along He was just leading me. Each time I would follow, and get back in the spotlight with Him.

It's like Prov. 16:9 & 3:5-6. God has ordered my steps. I just need to, by faith, step along with Him, let him LEAD me. It turns out to be a BEAUTIFUL dance. I have no idea where it's leading, in this dance (song, season of life) but I will follow because God makes those steps BEAUTIFUL and GRACEFUL and in WORSHIP to Him.

Just keep dancing (going) and God WILL LEAD. His steps are beautiful and full of Grace. Praise God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you baby. You are so spiritually sexy. Hopefully that dance will dance up to D.C. very soon.

The Fishers said...

Good stuff, Amy. Thank you for sharing.

Jeremy said...

Amy,
You would enjoy this if you haven't seen it already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA