Monday, August 24, 2009

That's What Friends Are For....


Typing out this story reminded me of this one:

When I was in college living with my bff, Kelly, I was always the one killing bugs and stuff. I don't know how or why I ended up being the one that did it, but it seemed inevitable that I was the one called on to kill a spider or roach or something.

Well, one night I was sleeping soundly. Kelly lived in the room across the hall from me. She had to wake up real early, like dark out early, that semester for an internship she had. She woke up and stepped out her room to go to the bathroom and stopped dead in her tracks because a huge roach was crawling on the floor infront of her room into the bathroom (where she was headed). So she decides not to jump over it, or kill it or trap it or anything, no.... she decides to go back in her room, shut the door and CALL ME ON HER CELL PHONE. lol.

Meanwhile, I was sleeping peacefully in the dark in my room and I hear my phone ring. I see it's Kelly calling and I was so confused and immediately worried because she was supposed to be in her room, so I thought. She whispers on the phone "Amy, don't be mad at me, but I am stuck in my room. There is a huge roach infront of my door, and I can't get out."

WOW..... I hang up the phone, and the good friend I am, instead of just turning over and pulling the covers over my head, I open my door and kill the roach for her.

It wasn't so funny at the time for me (I was rather annoyed, haha)... but looking back, it's one hilarious memory, one that we still laugh about to this day.... I miss those days sometimes.... then I realize, she was just training ground for my hubby. LOL (you can see if you clicked on that link above, why).

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

They had cell phones back then?

The Fishers said...

Ha! Ha! I love it, Amy! Esp the picture!!

Anonymous said...

bahahahahah!!! training ground for your hubby..

Kelly Bell said...

LOL!! Thanks for exposing me Amy!! I am still scared to death of those things. And for all you reading this...Amy just got a little frog at my house (event though Clayton and Ross were right there) and took it outside! She's the best!

Amy Middleton said...

Elizabeth... funny....very funny....har har har
Kelly...you're welcome :) love you!