Monday, August 17, 2009

Desperation

When I find myself in moments of desperation, it's always interesting to see what God pulls out of me. Here's my thought for today, as we are in a desperate time to see our house sell or rent out. We need to be moving up to Washington DC in about 2 weeks and it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with our house & finances being taken care of.

Here's my thought today: God brings us to moments of desperation so that we can begin to praise Him and be thankful for what He is doing. Without moments of desperation we become so self sufficient and it's easy to leave God out of the equation. Being in this moment of desperation, I am thankful because it only leaves room for God to do something miraculous and supernatural, where only He can be glorified, and we can trust Him more. Praise God, shouldn't we be asking for more of that? Now we GET to see God move and work a miracle!

1 comment:

Daniel Gilland said...

great post Amy. We're in a different situation, but, similar desperation which led me to meditate on the very same thing this morning! Only the glory of God can take stress and turn it to joy. Pretty darn amazing...