Monday, April 13, 2009

Rebel


I feel like "I'm In Rebellion" lately! (note that is the title track on this CD). So we like to be culturally diverse in our family, especially when it comes to music. The hottest CD in our family right now (besides the new Israel CD!) is the latest LaCrae Rebel CD.

Here's the reason I'm rebelling. It all started one day a few weeks ago when the boys were both in bad moods. We were on our way to the park, and the weather was beautiful outside. I usually turn the music up when they start getting fussy to hopefully distract them enough and get them listening to music. Well, this CD happen to be in and so I cranked it up and the car was thumping....

All of a sudden I realized there was a big buzzing bug in the car so I rolled down the windows to get it to fly out, all the wind made the boys start laughing hysterically so I kept them down... therefore I had to turn the music up louder.

I wasn't even thinking of how this looked.... we pulled up to a stop light with THUMPING music and the windows down and 2 little white boys and 1 white mama in the car... looked over at the car next to me and saw a rather small car full of rather large brothas next to me- all I can say is they got quite a laugh from us. :) Eli was in the back waving his arms in the air and Aiden was trying to copy what he was hearing. (I must get this on video soon!) When LaCrae starts rapping really fast (on track #2) Aiden thinks it sounds like he's screaming and rubbing his arm across his mouth. And I was just entertaining it all.

... so it's become a tradition now with me and my 2 boys to blast this CD and drive around town with the windows down. This has now become one of the highlights of a car drive through Tally.... if you see us on the road, make sure you watch for a show!

2 comments:

Kelly Bell said...

This is so funny! You def. need to video tape it so the rest of us can get a good laugh!!

Anonymous said...

I love my family!