Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We WIN!

I've had the Israel song "We Win" in my head all week.... probably because I heard a great mini-message last Saturday night from the great Pastor John Rohr that had to do with that.

There have been so many times that I just want to throw in the towel and quit. On many things..... too many for me to list here, but something just keeps me in the game. That something is the Hope I have in God.

I know a lot of my friends have been going through some tough things lately (myself included), and I just wanted to leave you with this thought. Don't give up. With Jesus- We Win! WE WILL WIN! He conquered death, with Him ALL things are possible. Whatever you are going through, just remember, it's WORTH the fight. We will see victory. We have been promised that.

There is a verse in there that says "He sent me...to put on a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair..." I heard this from the wonderful Lynette Lewis once "Praise is a garment I must CHOOSE to wear & it WILL begin to fit". So even when you feel like giving up, put on that garment of praise and it will begin to fit you, then we can see VICTORY.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. We are in the mist of some pretty tough things right now, so it's nice to hear from others and be lifted up in ways our surroundings can't.

Kristin Sheffield said...

That is very encouraging to hear! I know this is true, but it is always good to be reminded of our Victory. It is really easy to get caught up in a tough season of life and lose hope and forget that God has victory for us. Thank you for the great post! Also I am so glad we got to have a phone date the other night! It was so good to hear your voice and hear all about what is going on with you and the Fam. Love ya!