Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Walkie Walkie

So Eli turns 15 months old in 3 days and is just the sweetest baby ever! He is actually cuddly, and I love that! He is so different from Aiden, which blows me away... yet they do have some similarities (maybe i'll do a chart of them in the next post).

Aiden was walking BY 10 months old... he is an eager beaver, dramatic, and very independent (and defintely leans towards my personality). Where as Eli so far has shown the opposite (and leans towards Ross' personality) laid back, chill and content. I can tell so bad that he just wants to keep up with Aiden (esp. at the park)... but the kid won't walk yet! He does cruise on furniture and can hold my hand to walk... but he just won't stand alone or take that first step (he's turned it into a game now to fall into us when trying, haha). All of his pants have holes in the knees now because they weren't made for crawlers at this size, lol!

So many people keep saying, you'll be wishing he was crawling still once he starts walking... but so far I cannot say I feel that way. I end up having to carry him everywhere, and he fights it cause he thinks he can just get down and walk, and the kid is getting heavy! lol.

I'm not complaining, just sharing my thoughts. :) I'm just so blessed by two healthy and happy boys... and i'm excited for the day they start running together!

4 comments:

MrsHilaman said...

Marshall didn't walk until he was 15 months old! My mom bribed him with a chocolate chip cookie. He Was HEAVY!!!! It took a while for my back to straighten out after he Finally walked by himself. :)

Kelly Bell said...

Come on Eli...give Mommy's arms a break! haha. I think he's going to start walking any day now, I mean he was trying to climb that tree last week!

Kristin Sheffield said...

Aww I have missed your posts! I will be praying that he walks soon :) Samantha has now just started crawling meanwhile there are kids in our mommy life group a month older than her pulling up and everything. She is not in too much of hurry either...LOL Miss you and your wonderful little mighty men!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend whose daughter is about a month older than Eli and she's not walking either. She walked once, and now she won't do it again. All in due time! I didn't know if Spencer would and now he won't slow down (he's 13 months on Sunday)