Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's Next or What's Now

I was listening to Hillsongs today and there is a line in one of the songs I love "I wanna be where you are..." I was thinking about that for a while and realized I keep saying that, but am I really doing that?

What I mean is... I want to be where God is. Not living in the past (dwelling on past issues/junk), or living in the future (constantly thinking of what is next for me). But to be HERE. Present in God's presence.

I get so caught up on what's next for me lately that I realize I can easily neglect what is now for me.
It's always about going back to the basics: Seeking His Kingdom First, Then things will be added.

Lord, give me your eyes, ears and heart for where I am now so I can make the most of every opportunity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Amy. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kristin Sheffield said...

That is so true! I struggle with that same issue. Thanks for the encouragement!