Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Go To Book

Besides the Bible... I have a few books that I frequent. When I first found out I was pregnant with my oldest I didn't even know where to begin to look for baby help. I was recommended many books, but the 2 most helpful were Baby Wise and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, thanks Hope

So my product today that I am promoting is Baby Wise. They have a whole line of books that are written for their specific developmental stages. I reference these books more than any other, and so far I have found them to be the most helpful.  

I have heard many differing opinions about these books through the years, from it being to strict and unrealistic, harsh or things like that... all I gotta say is you gotta find what works for your baby. Every baby is different. I can speak from experience with that. But I still believe there are basics and great principles and tips you can pull from Baby Wise. That is also one of the reasons I liked reading the Secrets book in addition, because it brought some balance. 

Unfortunately kids don't come in specific manuals, or instructions (that would be awesome though).  So when all else fails I go to the book and implement what I read. More often than not, within a few days I find that it works... it takes patience and a strong will, but it can happen! If you are in the baby rearing stage, don't get discouraged! Stages come and go. My biggest encouragement: Ps. 30:5 "weeping may last in the night, but joy comes in the morning."

There will be break through, you will get a full night of sleep again, they will figure out how to eat well, you will be able to truly enjoy your children, I promise (I am speaking to myself here too, so don't think for a second I have it all together, haha)!! 

3 comments:

Kelly Bell said...

HaHa, were you thinking of me when you posted this!! I think we are leaving the "I don't want to sleep during the night stage"...at least I pray we are! I will have to borrow the "Secrets" book, unless you think it's something that is worth buying your own copy. Thanks for all your advice lately!

Jaime said...

i agree, both of those books were really helpful. and like you said, all babies are different. i know that tyson and peyton are almost COMPLETELY different with what works and what doesn't, so you just have to figure out your baby.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff my friend. Those books rank up high my list. :)